Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Happy Birthday, Jackie!

Years ago I bought a contact sheet from an eBay dealer that included pictures from a double birthday party for Jackie Jackson and his mother, Katherine, who share a May 4 birthday. There are plenty pictures of Jackie blowing out the candles surrounding his unusual basketball-shaped cake, and in this photo you can see in the background Tito's wife, Dee Dee (next to one of their sons' baby bottles), J5 drummer Johnny Jackson (it makes me happy that he was invited), and on the right, supervising the birthday wishes, a young Janet Jackson.

But what really interested me were the posters hanging on the walls at the event, blown up from family pictures of mother and son.


Through the wonders of Photoshop, I was able to capture this lovely professional photo of the oldest Jackson son, probably taken around the time of his first birthday.

3 comments:

  1. I love those pictures!
    You're great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you'd appreciate these pictures. Raisa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great pictures K.T. and what an unusual cake!

    Justin

    ReplyDelete